Don’t bother I believe they are a load of shite, period 🙃
New year, new me
Focus on being a better version of the already amazing you!
I used to set new years resolution’s all the time, every year infact
And the only one that ever came true was in 2018 when I decided to change my life!
Hold the eye rolling of my new lifestyle changes, your going to be seeing a lot more of them 😉
A resolution – A firm decision to do or not to do something.
A new year means – A new year.
So a new years resolution is a firm decision to do or not do something in the new year.
But I don’t believe it’s the right way to go about it.
There is a reason why all my resolution’s failed apart from one…
And why statistics show that only 4-8% of people actually achieve their new years resolution’s.
I am quite proud that I was one of the minority to hit that 5% back in 2018!
Because I did it properly and changed the name to goal setting!
The problem is that people don’t know how to set goals and intentions properly or how to plan for them.
Why would they if they have never done it before?
When people set a new years resolution they may see that they have succeeded or failed.
That’s an all or nothing mindset (we don’t want that)
My example for this blog is going to be dry January 🥂
If you have 1 drink in January then you have failed right?
How does that sit with someone really, to think that they have failed?
Do they feel good?
I’m guessing not…
I’m guessing it’s actually added to the belief they may already have inside of being a failure or not good enough to finish what they start.
What we need is a Mindset shift! And goal/intention setting
What if instead of doing dry Jan you set am intention to cut down your drinking by half?
What if instead of setting a new years resolution which is a fail or succeed you set a goal and track and adjust when needed?
What about instead of focusing on that one drink that made you fail you focus on the 20 you said no to?
By setting a goal properly and being OK with a few setbacks you have a much greater chance of seeing it through!
My top tips for setting and actually achieving goals in the new year (what I did in 2018)
- Set a specific and truly doable goal (let’s not set a goal of doing dry Jan if you have 4 weddings to attend)
- Make sure that you work on your Mindset (it really is everything)
- Create a plan of action (your goal has to fit into your lifestyle, if the bar is set too high it isn’t sustainable)
- Get support (invest in support if you can, get an accountability buddy, shout loud and proud for more accountability we have a thing about doing something once we have told someone else.
- Write the goal down! Please dont keep it floating around in your mind with a million other things (put it somewhere you will see it often)
- Reflect weekly on how it’s gone. Does it need adjusting? Do you need to change your strategy?
Don’t wait for a new year to change your current situation!
Let me know what you think of this blog and feel free to share and tag me
Love Gemma AKA Mrs Mindset xxxx
P.S If your wanting to shift your Mindset or need support to achieve your goals/intentions in life or business I would love for you to join us over at
The mindset & Strategy Academy